Favre had a decent game, but when the Vikes needed him he came through. With 1:29 left in the game and Vikes were down 24-20. The drive started at the Viking 20 yard line and with zero timeouts left. Favre did something that Vikes are use to being done against them when he was a Packer.
Here is the drive play-by-play:
- 1-10-MIN 20 (1:29) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 81-V.Shiancoe to MIN 32 for 12 yards (22-N.Clements).
- 1-10-MIN 32 (1:09) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 18-S.Rice pushed ob at MIN 41 for 9 yards (22-N.Clements).
- 2-1-MIN 41 (1:05) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep middle to 81-V.Shiancoe.
- 3-1-MIN 41 (1:00) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 12-P.Harvin to MIN 46 for 5 yards.
- 1-10-MIN 46 (1:00) 4-B.Favre spiked the ball to stop the clock.
- 2-10-MIN 46 (:40) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass incomplete deep right to 18-S.Rice.
- 3-10-MIN 46 (:33) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 12-P.Harvin to SF 39 for 15 yards (52-P.Willis).
- 1-10-SF 39 (:33) 4-B.Favre spiked the ball to stop the clock.
- 2-10-SF 39 (:16) 4-B.Favre pass short left to 87-B.Berrian to SF 32 for 7 yards (36-S.Spencer).
- 3-3-SF 32 (:12) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass deep right to 17-G.Lewis for 32 yards, TOUCHDOWN [99-M.Lawson]. The Replay Assistant challenged the runner was in bounds ruling, and the play was Upheld.
Earlier in the week, Percy Harvin was complaining about headaches. Harvin was a headache to the 49ers on special teams.Harvin returned a 101 yard kickoff to the house for 6 points.He had been showing what he can do when he gets his hand on the ball scoring a TD in every game so far this season.
The Viking rush defense shutdown rushing attack, but it was against a backup running back with Gore going down early in the game.
The pass defense was okay at times, but the LBs did not do a good job whatsoever on covering Vernon Davis. It seemed like that he was open for most of the day and that gave QB Shaun Hill an easy target to throw to.
With the Vikes 3-0 to start off with favorable opponents to start off with.It is going to be interesting to see how the Vikes fare for the rest of the season. We the fans will see if the Vikes can play whole game or just enough to win.