Fans were starting to get a little worried with Vikes a couple of days ago not have one of their draft picks signed and training camp starting on Friday. All the picks have been signed to four year deals. Here is summary of the contracts of all the draft pick of 2008:
- 2nd Rd: Tyrell Johnson (S) contract with a bonus of around $1.5 million. His base salaries are $295,000 this year, $385,000 in 2009, $470,000 in 2010 and $555,000 in 2011. He also gets a one-time incentive bonus of $600,000 if is he on the field for 35 percent of the defensive snaps this season or 45 percent of the defensive snaps in 2009.
- 5th Rd: John David Booty (QB) received a signing bonus around $205,000. He likely received a larger signing bonus because he is a quarterback. He received the standard base salary starting at $295,000 escalating to $555,000 in the final season.
- 5th Rd: Letroy Guion (DT) base salary of $295,000 in 2008 and increases to about $555,000 in the final season.
- 6th Rd: John Sullivan (C) Sullivan received a signing bonus to Booty about $96,000 with a similar base salary structure.
- 6th Rd: Jaymar Johnson (WR) base salary of $295,000 in 2008 and increases to about $555,000 in the final season.