I can see why my wife gets so confused with the NFL. With all these rule changes year after year. It seems like it is getting a little ridiculous with the kind rule changes, all aimed to protect QB. Football started out as a mans game and it being turned into a pansy game. Here are the news approved rule changes for the upcoming season:
- Defenders who are knocked to the ground no longer can lunge into quarterbacks if the play is still going on.(Brady Rule)
- The initial force of a blindside block can't be delivered by a helmet, forearm or shoulder to an opponent's head or neck. An illegal blindside block will bring a 15-yard penalty.
- Initial contact to the head of a defenseless receiver also will draw a 15-yard penalty.
- On kickoffs, no blocking wedge of more than two players will be allowed.
- Also on kickoffs, the kicking team can't have more than five players bunched together pursuing an onside kick.
The players take a risks EVERY TIME they step out onto the field. There is a reason they are getting paid millions of dollars a year. It is kind of funny with the Brady Rule. The fact the it was instated after NFL's Golden Boy get injured. Nothing happened when Carson Palmer was injured in the playoffs a couple of years back.